CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 14, 2008

A Major Breakthrough!

For those of you who don't know, Anna Lee has a lot of trouble eating. Well, not everything...just everything except crackers. She has continued to eat babyfood, because the texture (we think) of all table foods makes her throw up. The doctor has told me to continue offering table foods to her, but honestly, it is not something I enjoy. Who wants to clean up throw up at every meal??? As Anna Lee has continued to get older, I have gotten a little worried that I was going to be sending her to kindergarten with jars of baby food. I was just picturing her having to ask her teachers to open her mixed vegetables and banana strawberry jars.

Well, we have made a breakthrough this week!!! Anna Lee successfully tried and ate a carrot and an apple!!!!! It seems so silly to be excited about this, but I know we are both tired of baby food! This is really the first time she has ever been able to eat any food that was not pureed or a cracker! Here is a picture of her eating the carrot, and then recieving the huge amount of praise after she finished it. It was a party in the kitchen!!!






On a completely different note, the weather has been so nice lately, we have been taking long walks to different parks each day. Her favorite thing is the swings- she laughs so hard each time I push her. I loved this shot I caught of her on the swing the other day. She is so happy!



8 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH Anna Lee!!!! I know that food can be a huge stressor and I was so impressed with your attitude about it, Kelly. I hope the carrot and the apple are just the beginnings for her.

I love, love, love the picture in the swing. She is such a gorgeous little girl and I love that big grin.

maryann said...

Yeah, Anna Lee!!!! Believe it or not, our children REALLY will grow up and WILL want to eat---all sorts of food!!!!!! I tell myself that often:). Precious pictures.......she is such a good blend of the two of you!

Heather said...

Congrats on the breakthrough!! I hope the food she eats will continue to grow.

Chelsea said...

What a wonderful milestone! I am certain that the carrot and apple will be the start of a long life of eating. :) What a huge day for Miss AL!

sharon said...

hmmm...picky eater...reminds me of a certain aunt of hers. :) she is SO cute. hope all is well!

Kellee said...

Kelly--so glad I found your blog to read! She's a cutie and I'm glad her eating habits are starting to change!

Carolyn said...

That is great news! I'm so glad that she is eating more table food. That picture on the swing is too cute for words.

Stephanie said...

I just found your blog via Brooke, but the eating thing sounds just like Caleb. He wouldn't eat anything but babyfood for a LONG time! Just recently does he eat what we're eating for dinner and not chicken nuggets or mac & cheese, and he's approaching two! They're all different!