CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of School

Today is Anna Lee's first day back to school. She started this year at a new pre-school, and we are really excited about the year that is ahead. We went last night to a parent meeting where Anna Lee got to meet her teacher, Mrs. Carrie, and the other kids in her class. It took us forever to get her to leave. She loved it!

Last night as I was getting Anna Lee ready for bed, we were talking about how she would get to go back to school again today. She said, "I am so excited! I am going to have so much fun!"

One of the treats for Anna Lee getting to go to school this year is riding with Daddy. Jim will be taking Anna Lee in the mornings and I will be picking her up in the afternoons. She seems to love this idea. She and Jim picked out cds last night that they would listen to on the way, and this morning, Veggie Tales was on full blast as they were leaving. As she and Jim drove off this morning, Anna Lee waved and told me, "Have fun at home today, Mommy!"


Jim said that when they got to school this morning, Anna Lee was so happy and marched right in. He said the teachers asked Anna Lee if she was ready to come in for school she said, "YES!"
Such a big girl.

I have to say, there is a little part of me that is selfishly excited about Anna Lee starting school again. I am looking forward to running errands with the single stoller instead of the double, going and having a much calmer lunch with friends or Jim, going to the grocery store without someone who will accidentally pull pickle jars off of the shelves...it has happened...
But what I will look forward to most is seeing that sweet smiling face today at 2:00!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

She is such a happy girl! I love her smile! Glad school has started so well!