CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Getting Settled In

Today J.D. is one week old, and it has been such a wonderful week! Sorry I am just now getting some more pictures online. Life with two kids is twice as busy! Thank you to everyone who sent flowers, calls, visits, and prayers our way while we were in the hospital. We ended up staying one extra day, mainly for me to heal a little more from the extra hernia repair I had. That extra surgery has made my recovery a little harder than last time, but the pain medicines are my new best friend!

J.D. is such a wonderful, sweet baby. He is just as calm and mild-mannered as Anna Lee is energetic, wiggly, and talkative. It is amazing to see how different the two of them are...and how different he already is from how Anna Lee was as a baby. He has his nights and days confused right now, but we are working on that...sleepily :0)

Anna Lee loves J.D. I fully expected her to act a little jealous when we got home, but she has been the exact opposite. He loves on him, wants to kiss him and hold him, and loves to spend time next to him. It has been very sweet to have them together.

So here are a few (well actually a lot) of my favorite pictures over our time in the hospital and a few from when we got home. Enjoy!


Family Love: grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins....J.D. has a lot of people that already love him so much. We are so thankful for our wonderful families.








I love this picture. This is when Jim's grandmother first got to hold J.D. Her husband is Jim's Granddaddy, who J.D was named after.











There are probably too many pictures of the next scene posted here, but I literally couldn't pick my favorite. Anna Lee came up to the hospital several different times to visit, but this particular time was the first time she showed such an interest in and love for him.


Here she is doing "This Little Piggy" to his feet.



After she did that, J.D. reached up and touched her on the nose. She thought it was so great. I absolutely love the shot that was caught here.




These next two pictures are probably my favorites ever.



Posing all dressed up...



J.D. was the most fussy he has been so far when we were getting him ready to go home. It took us forever to get out of the hospital because he was so upset and hungry. But he sure did look handsome!






Anna Lee greeted us at the door when we got home. She opened the door and said,
"Come in, J.D.!"



When we brought Anna Lee home from the hospital when she was born, we took her on a "tour" of her new home. Anna Lee got to take J.D. on the "tour" on Monday when we got home with him. She was so excited to show him her room, his room, his bed, etc.






Anna Lee had made pictures with my mom that morning for J.D. and had hung them on his bedroom door. They of course had a lot of princess stickers. She was very proud of them.




Our sweet baby boy.



10 comments:

erin f. said...

He is such a pretty baby! It is so sweet to see Anna Lee with him. I am so happy for you guys!

Heather said...

I had been wondering how everything was going...

He is such a cutie!!

Carie said...

Congrats Littons!!! We are so excited for you guys and cannot wait to meet J.D. Love you guys.

chelsea said...

Kelly! Your family is so sweet. You captured some really precious moments. I can't wait to meet this little guy. JD has beautiful skin. I WANT IT! :)

ginny said...

i love that 2nd from the bottom w/ his eye open. and when al is holding him w/ her cheesy grin! so glad the transition is going well!

karen.bradfield@gmail.com said...

Oh my! Kelly and Jim, he is gorgeous! How precious big sister is with him. She's adorable! I am so looking forward to meeting JD and seeing all of you guys! We are coming to TX Sat but it's such a short time, I don't think we can get over to Dallas. You know I'll be back when baby sister comes in June, so maybe then. I hope you are all doing well. Kiss AL and JD for me. This is so cool...we can match up KJ and AL and then JD and L! hehe Oh well, at least they can all be friends. Cbug will need to look elsewhere unless you guys have #3 and she just happens to be a she!! God's blessings on your family. We are thrilled for you! Love you all! karen

Elizabeth said...

He is so precious! And, it looks like big sister adores him! I know you are loving being "Mommy" to those two cuties!

Kyla said...

Maybe it's because I'm pregnant with baby #2, or maybe it's because your babies are so precious...but I started crying first when I saw Jim's grandmother holding J.D. and then I proceeded to cry the rest of the time I looked at this post! I'm so happy you are home and doing so well. Congratulations!! J.D. is beautiful...I mean, handsome. :)

Lynn Leaming said...

So glad you felt like posting pictures. They are all adorable and J.D. is a very handsome young man. May the Lord continue to bless you with joy in the adjustment and may Anna Lee just keep on lovin on him in such special ways.

Dara said...

Oh isn't he precious??? What a beautiful family!!!! Congratulations again!!!